MJH Life Sciences Case Study
Project: Cost Optimization
Company: MJH Life Sciences
About MJH Life Sciences
MJH Life Sciences™ is home to some of the world’s most iconic health care brands, across oncology, primary care, specialty care, pharmacy, industry sciences, and more, dedicated to providing health care professionals with the information, resources, and education they need to optimize patient outcomes and improve care, all created to inform, educate, and inspire. Their 60+ brands offer health care professionals unparalleled access to insights and thought leadership and are committed to helping provide the best care to patients.
Supporting the MJH Life Sciences brand was a robust network of AWS accounts - each with their own spend and controls. The decentralized nature of their AWS accounts undeniably created a significant gap in governance relating to cost management and security. With the growing need for cohesion of policy and controls, MJH Life Sciences looked to Eplexity's CXOS Mission Control to deliver:
- Unified governance and policy control through Eplexity's 24/7 CXOS Mission Control.
- Asset and Cost Management through AWS Cost Optimization services provided by Eplexity's AWS FinOps Leadership
Before launching into expanded services relating to cost optimization, it's important to note that Eplexity and MJH Life Sciences had previously established a working relationship through Eplexity's Migration team, establishing a means of trust and partnership. To further support the growth of MJH Life Sciences that trust was further realized and supported as Eplexity's CXOS Mission Control was able to provide the guidance and evaluation of additional incoming workloads to the MJH landscape by means of conducting the Well-Architected Review. Through the WAR, Eplexity launched a deep analysis and review of all resources across eight separate accounts.
The initial engagement provided the appropriate lens and context for measuring the justification of costs across each account. It became clear that in controlling costs and effectively establishing the necessary governance, CXOS Mission Control would help alleviate and resolve the gaps in structure, while also being able to leverage cost reducing measures by:
- Implementing a robust savings management strategy through AWS Discount Programs.
- Establish cost and governance controls at an Organizational level.
- Manage the dynamic nature of workloads through proper decommissioning of unused and underutilized resources.
Performed a WAR to provide a deep analysis of all accounts.
All costs across accounts were measured, justified, and remediated.
A fully managed cost optimization solution through CXOS mission control.
Focused on the rapid integration of multiple accounts into a single, unified account structure, Eplexity was able to create the governance required by MJH Life Sciences to control their investments in AWS. With accounts sprawled out and costs running wild, Eplexity helped rein in the costs for MJH Life Sciences by:
- Reducing spend to the tune of $250,000 annually.
- Implementing an RI coverage strategy for 90% of the resources across seven distributed accounts.
- Fully managed cost optimization solution through 24/7 CXOS Mission Control and FinOps leadership.